Wednesday, August 7, 2013

nature bits




My two nieces and a nephew are here today and we all went for a walk in the forest (11 of us).  It's a preliminary fall type of day, bright and clear and dry.  Contentment in my heart.  Sunshine in our smiles.  I brought home nature bits in my hand.  Naomi had the first find; a tiny feather with an orange tip.  She ran to me and I said, "Oh can I keep it?" and she jumped up and down smiling, "Yes!"  Then, I found a blob of a yellow mushroom oozing out of a fallen tree.  I was surprised by the color and kept it.  Then, another feather!  I have a nature journal and I glue feathers into it.  I have never seen feathers like the ones we found today and can't wait to add them to the journal. 

A purple mushroom and a butterfly wing.  Strangely, just a single wing.

3 comments:

  1. Fall already??!!a NNNOOOOOO :) What a thrill to find all the unique treasures in your woods, in nature - so much of God's intricate beautiful details are all around us if we take the time to look and find, be aware of His presence everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow mushroom ooze.... yikes! It looks rather like a smashed peep (candy)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that feather! Such treasures you guys found.
    And how lovely to have woods to walk through. Love your property!

    ReplyDelete