Thursday, August 29, 2013

in their matching dresses


 
"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."  a.a. milne
 





My friend Joanna and her husband adopted their youngest daughter and Dawn made the dress she came home in.  Dawn also made my little Sarah a dress using the same pattern.  When Joanna came to visit me recently, one of the things we wanted to do was a little photoshoot of our girls wearing their matching dresses.  After I got the photos developed, we mailed a card to Dawn, thanking her once again for the gift of handmade loveliness that she gave to our daughters.  Handmade dresses with smocking!  And little puffed sleeves!

I've never met Dawn, but she has been internet friends for years.  She's a wonderful Christian lady and has done so much to encourage me and Joanna.  If you visit her site, you will be encouraged, too.

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."   2 Thess. 2:16-17

******

This morning I took Seth and Sarah with me to Bible study at church and then those of us who could went out to lunch together. 


The best part about it was how utterly sleepy I was this morning,  I came so very close to not going.  But, I did get there and it was such a blessing to study God's word together and then sit around a table like a big family and eat.  I love these people!  The moral of the story:  If you're too tired to go to church, or a bible study, go anyway.  :)

Happy Thursday!  (already?)

9 comments:

  1. Ha, to the moral of the story!
    Those girls and their dresses are A-dorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I get sooooo tired Sunday mornings, too! LOL.

      Delete
  2. Tsega is so cute, and her eyes are so expressive...
    Sarah is so cute too...it has been awesome watching her grow up into this little lady...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you shonda! Hope you guys are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Sweetness! I love little girls in dresses with smocking and puffed sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable!!!! Such sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank's for your share in the post here, i like your information your info is bery nice ^___^
    Do you might also like obat herbal sakit tenggorokan, obat herbal kanker payudara

    ReplyDelete