Monday, July 1, 2013

their faces when he's reading

"....the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."  galatians 5:22



 
 
"The true idea of a home is that it is a place for growth.  It is a place for the parents themselves to grow---to grow into beauty of character, to grow in refinement, in knowledge, in strength, in wisdom, in patience, gentleness, kindliness, and all the Christian graces and virtues.  It is a place for children to grow--to grow into physical vigor and health and to be trained in all that shall make them true and noble men and women......every home influence, even the very smallest, works itself into the heart of childhood......"  J.R. Miller

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote. I love JRR Miller! Children are filled with such joy and wonder. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quote. and how adorable their faces are. Do you get the magazine Above Rubies? I just read an article in there that you would like. It talked about how God made our homes a place of rest. It was so good. If you don't get their magazine..here is the link to their website. Their magazines are free and worth reading. I know you would like them.

    http://aboverubies.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quote. Parents do continue to grow. Isn't that wonderful? Seth and Sarah look so intent- such sweet faces. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great quote on what 'home' really means! I enjoy J.R. Miller, and those are great photos, too! I'm happy to see you're continuing beyond Xanga, Shanda! I'm a 'transplant' myself, and have been working on a new site here and am finally able to visit. It will be fun to stay in touch with you and your sweet family again ... I followed you on Xanga and have missed reading your posts! This move is definitely a new beginning here, and has motivated me to start blogging again! :)

    Blessings to you!
    - debi
    aka: Deborah - threads-of-faith.xanga.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved when my dad would read to me...that's probably why I love reading so much now...(although I haven't been reading as much lately as I used to...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Times like this are priceless! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. good quote - thank you for sharing!
    also a random question.... we are expecting twins in about 6 weeks and are trying to figure out a good family car for us. just wondering if you have any good car suggestions for families with lots in car seats =)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved our Honda odyssey minivan with the automatic side doors! Congrats on the twins!

      Delete
  8. I love your family, and I have missed reading your blog while I was away. Your children are so blessed to have such a healthy foundation and loving parents. Seeing the pictures and reading about your family interactions always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete