Wednesday, June 26, 2013

strawberry picking

 
 

 






 
On this second day of summer vacation, we left the house at 10 a.m. to go pick strawberries.  Just in time, too, because the lady behind the counter said that tomorrow would be the last day.  With all the rain we've been getting, the berries are starting to spoil.   It didn't take us long to pick as much as we wanted and this afternoon I will work on cleaning them up and packing them in the freezer.

Taking seven children out for adventures doesn't leave much time for romantic and beauteous feelings.  As the mama I mainly feel that everything is rush-rush and problem solving.  But when I sit here and look at the pictures I distractedly took this morning I am just filled with gratefulness for these years when I can do anything and everything with my happy gang. 

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful you can look back at the pictures and embrace again those precious moments!

    We have a garden of strawberries and they too are at the end of their season.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shanda.....looked like a great day for strawberry picking! so glad you all got out there in time. we have a small patch in our backyard and strawberry-lover cal brings a bowl out each morning to pick some. yummy!
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum! Love your precious moments with the kids. Can't wait to see what creative foods you make from these tasty berries. I love to freeze berries and make smoothies during the summer. God bless, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you could put strawberries in the freezer. How do you do that?? Definitely very interested in learning more about that.

    Love your new blog. Thank you for sharing it with us so your Xanga pals could keep reading.

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love strawberries! Wish I was there picking with you all. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grand time it is to look back and see the joy that you've captured with your camera :-)

    That's one thing I love about blogging. I get to go back and peek at our life and how the kids have grown :-)

    You look wonderful. Enjoy all those days with the kiddos at home. Full to overflowing with blessings :-)

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did the me thing this week! Only it was on opening day of picking season. But lots of spoiled berries here too :( For every 5 I picked, only 1 or 2 were good. But very tasty nonetheless :) Happy Summer!
    Bobby Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your still blogging and didn't give up because of Xanga. Your blog posts are so refreshing.~~~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! I love strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks like so much fun! It's something I've never done, but I hope to do it some day.

    Sarah's dress is absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete