Friday, September 21, 2007

A Lullaby for you

Sweet and low, sweet and low,
Wind of the western sea,
Low, low, breathe and blow,
Wind of the western sea!
Over the rolling waters go,
Come from the dying moon, and blow,
Blow him again to me;
While my little one, while my little ones sleeps.

Sleep and rest, sleep and rest,
Father will come to thee soon;
Rest, rest, on mother's breast,
Father will come to thee soon;
Father will come to his babe in the nest,
Silver sails all out of the west
Under the silver moon:
Sleep, my little one, sleep, my pretty one, sleep.

By Alfred Tennyson

********************


This evening my husband and I sat in lawn chairs right at the edge of one of our ponds (the little one). I had our 4 year old son, David, on my lap. The other children were busy playing around us. The sky darkened and we could see the moon shining brightly. Two moons; one was in the sky and one was on the water. David giggled because when we threw a stone in the pond the "moon on the water bounced". It was a lovely evening full of the sounds of our loved ones, the night-time peepers, and the smell of concord grapes.

Please visit my blog at http://www.xanga.com/purpleamethyst76

1 comment:

  1. I love the mental picture of your family enjoying time together outside, and of the 'bouncing moon!' What a sweet lullaby ~ thanks for sharing! (I hope there is never a day when my children are too big for me to sing to them!) Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete